Noah

Noah
6th Grade

Sunday, April 3, 2011

I'm Speechless

It's Sunday night and I am sitting here at my computer thinking about our awesome God.  Thinking about His blessings that I did not ask for nor deserve.  I am praising Him for what he did in Noah's life today. 

Alan took the kids to youth group and I stayed home for some me time.  With it being the beginning of spring break, we knew that church wouldn't be packed, but the kids always want to go.  Alan called me at 6:20 which I thought was odd because youth group goes from 6-7:15.  He told me that because there were few in attendance, they were having a game night.  Immediately, I got a pit in my stomach because I knew that Noah would have a hard time with that and probably would want to go home.  To my surprise, it was my social butterfly Baylee that wanted to go home but Noah wanted to stay. 

Noah had brought his new Nintendo 3DS to church with him.  Alan told me that he was going up to people and talking to them about his new gaming system.  Kids that weren't necessarily his friends.  Alan said he was even talking to a girl.  Yikes!  Let me explain something to you.  Noah NEVER EVER approaches anyone to have a conversation with them.  He doesn't even approach those who are in his group of friends.  He waits to be spoken to first and it's iffy if he will even respond.  So for him to go up to kids that he doesn't know really well and start talking to them, well that is a real breakthough that has brought me to tears.  I thank God for this victory.

I do thank each and everyone of you for reading my blog.  I am surprised at the interest in our crazy lives.  I am encouraged each and everyday by the comments and the feedback I get from you.  I used to feel very alone in this challenge that the Lord trusted me with but I am beginning to realize that I have a ton of people praying for Noah and for Alan and I as well. You must have been praying, otherwise my son would not have done what he did this evening. 

3 comments:

  1. Baylee is a social butterfly?! Since when?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! What growth. And yes, I think it was an answer to prayer. God is in control and works in His time, not ours. Is'nt it a serene feeling to really know that He watches over us and ours ? Thank you God for your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa Christine! She hasn't always been that way. And as we wait for her at church or school and she is late because she is gabbing with her friends, I turn to Alan and say,"I wish she was still shy."

    ReplyDelete